Flies and mosquitoes can be truly disgusting little things, carrying diseases like West Nile, dengue fever, malaria and encephalitis. And they can annoy and stress both you and your horses. Keeping insects in check is now an essential component in a barn’s arsenal. Our Pyranha automatic insect control systems help reduce insect transmitted disease, infections, contamination and animal stress.
The system is specifically designed to automatically deliver a fine mist of insecticide formulation at pre-set time intervals, helping to eliminate a wide range of insects, including mosquitoes, flies, wasps, and spiders.
Straight forward and simple to operate, our Pyranha insect misting systems are as easy as 1-2-3.
- Choose a location in which to install the system, which comes with a 55-gallon drum, high quality pressure pump, 1/2 h.p. motor and a solid state electronic timer. Tack rooms and feed rooms are good choices.
- Place your nozzles and tubing in locations that provide optimal distribution. One nozzle per 12×12 area usually does the trick.
- Fill the tank with water and insecticide. We sell both synthetic and organic versions.
For the best control, we recommend placing one spray nozzle in each stall, preferably in the center of each stall or near each aisle way door. Nozzles are not needed in feed areas, wash areas or tack rooms. Excellent control is accomplished by installing the nozzles in areas where the bugs tend to congregate, which is the stall itself. Although nozzles in the aisle are not needed, they’re easily added.
Keep horses and riders comfortable during insect season with an automatic insect control system in your barn. We carry a complete line of Pyranha systems, replacement parts and insecticides to fit any barn or exterior home configuration. Completely automatic systems are not expensive. Contact us today for a FREE custom quote.
- PYRANHA systems spray automatically at the interval you specify.
- PYRANHA systems help aid in the control of diseases carried by insects and parasites.
- PYRANHA systems are the most popular choice of horse owners and breeders nationwide.
- PYRANHA systems are versatile and can be easily expanded to accommodate facility growth.
- PYRANHA systems utilize a 55-gallon reservoir with analog OR digital timers available.
- PYRANHA systems can operate up to 80 nozzles. Larger facilities may require the heavy duty PYRANHA system.
- PYRANHA insect control system parts and insecticides also available.